Friday, May 22, 2020

सर्ग 18 / Canto XVIII

XVIII

Rama-Raiya saw its radiance in the hands of

Maryada Purusottam Rama and earth-born Sita.

A magnificent golden age dawned upon Ayodhya.

 

The coronation celebrations ended, the guests left;

Vibhishana, Sugreeva, Angada, Hanuman and Jambavan.

I initiated my multiple roles of the queen and wife delightful.

 

People of Ayodhya, the common mass, from all

classes, castes and sections enjoyed the bliss.

Live and let live was the principle of the peaceful control.

 

There were new beginnings in all sectors of the state.

The army got strengthened, women empowered,

children happier, men more delighted and at ease.

 

Sarayu river got bountiful, the harbinger of peace.

Mother Nature was gracious, there was

accomplishment everywhere, gratification and happiness.

 

During the daytime my Lord was full of activity with

regal affairs, discussing with ministers.

I made visits to asylums, orphanages,

 

temples, gurukuls, and people's private homes.

we four sisters concentrated on queen mothers

Kausalya, Kaikeyi and Sumitra and got their blessings.

  

Came spring season on the branches and the blooms.

I too bloomed with an expectant motherhood!

Overjoyed was my love, my Lord, with absolute fulfillment.

 

"My sweetheart, my life, love, happiness,

my soul-mate! The future mother of my progeny,

what boon do you want from your husband?"

 

"Oh Rama! I am grateful to the gods

for conferring motherhood on me. A woman

is complete with motherhood, she is the creator.

 

Before taking this bigger responsibility of a mother

to revisit the Ganga's banks is my earnest desire.

I want to seek blessings of the hermitage once more."

 

My cherished husband agreed to my fancy instantly. After all

he loved Sita, his wife, the elemental woman, as pure earth, Nature Divine. ask myself now—was it a willing suspension of doubts on my part?

 

My affinity with the flora and fauna amazed him.

In the harsh weather of the forest,

I was happy contented, never complained, I only desired Rama.

 

"It is welcome, Vaidehi, that you should

revisit the forest and the rivers, your second home.

I'll arrange your trip to the hallowed heartland soon."

 

 

XVIII

 

 

राम-राज्य का हुआ प्रादुर्भाव एकसाथ

मर्यादा पुरुषोत्तम राम और भूमिजा सीता के हाथ

अयोध्या में शानदार स्वर्ण-युग की हुई शुरुआत 

 

राज्याभिषेक समापन के बाद चले गए मेहमान;

विभीषणसुग्रीवअंगदजाम्बवान और हनुमान

मेरे लिए रानी और पत्नी की दोहरी भूमिका का कर आह्वान 

 

अयोध्या के लोगसाधारण जन सभी थे प्रसन्नचित्त

विभिन्न वर्गजाति,सवर्ण और अछूत सभी आनंदित

जियो और जीने दो- बना शांतिपूर्ण जीवन का सिद्धांत ।

 

राज्य के सभी क्षेत्रों में हुई नई शुरुआत

सेना हुई मजबूत हुईमहिला हुई सशक्त,

बच्चे अधिक खुशपुरुष अधिक सहज और हर्षित 

 

उफनती सरयू नदी,बनी शांति का अग्रदूत

मेहरबान हुई प्रकृति माताबनी फलप्रदाता

चारों तरफ सिद्धिसुख और आनंद की बरसात।

 

दिन में रहते मेरे भगवान सदा व्यस्त

राजकीय कार्य मंत्रियों से चर्चा अनवरत

आश्रमों और अनाथालयों का करती परिभ्रमण।

 

मंदिरगुरुकुल और लोगों के निजी सदन

हम चार बहनें देती राजमाताओं पर ध्यान

कौसल्याकैकेयी,सुमित्रा, पाती उनके आशीर्वचन 

 

शाखाओं-प्रशाखाओं पर पुष्पित होने लगा बसंत

मेरी भी मातृत्व की उम्मीद हुई पल्लवित

मेरे भगवान का प्रेम पाकर हुई अभिभूत 

 

"मेरे मधुर हृदयमेरे प्यारमेरे आनंदमेरे जीवन,

मेरी आत्मा ! तुम हो मेरे भावी संतान की माँ,

कहोअपने पति से क्या चाहती हो वरदान ? ”

 

"हे राम! मैं देवताओं की हूँ आभारी

मातृत्व-प्रसाद पाने वाली भूषित नारी

सम्पूर्ण हूँ और सर्जनशील भारी 

 

लेने से पहले माँ की यह बड़ी जिम्मेदारी

चाहती हूँ गंगा-तट पर घूम आऊँमेरी इच्छा अति भारी

चाहती हूँ लेना साधु-संतों का आशीर्वाद महतारी ”       

 

 मेरे पति तुरंत हो गए सहमत

आख़िर मैं उनकी पत्नी विवाहित

शुद्ध पृथ्वीदिव्य-प्रकृति का प्रतीक।

 

 (मैं स्वगत कहने लगी- क्या मैं जानबूझकर संदेह-निवारण करना चाहती हूँ?)

 

पारिस्तिथिकी के मेरे प्रेम से राम हुए विस्मित

जंगल की असह्य ऋतु में भी मैं हर्षित

राम से न कभी कोई शिकवा-शिकायत ।

 

जाओवैदेहीजाओकरो वन-भ्रमण

जंगल और नदियों का लो आनंदअपने दूसरे सदन

जाने की तुरंत करता हूँ व्यवस्था उस हृदयगृह पावन।"

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment