Friday, May 22, 2020

सर्ग 25 / Canto XXV

XXV


I am away from Rama since ages, but my eternal monologue continues

I have been taking births and rebirths, my

thirst unquenched, my heart passion-drenched.

 

I distribute myself into atoms in my rebirths; in the

Sitaness of every woman Sita eternally breaths.

I am re-born as Mother Teresa, Florence

 

Nightingale, Lucy Grey, Helen of Troy, Cleopatra,

Atlanta, Cordelia, Desclemona, Penelope, Sylvia Plath,

Athena, Kunti, Draupadi, Gandhari, Shakuntala,

 

Radha, Meerabai, Kalpana Chawla, Kiran Bedi,

Indira, Nirbhaya, Damini, Lata ,Nandini, Rebati or Anandi.

I live numerous lives, in women, bold and beautiful.

 

In the Ramayana, my incandescent strength

did resolute my character and self-respect.

That was my aura, not to acknowledge opposing infringements.

 

Trijala was another form of Sita in my

incarceration, in our fellow feeling and feminine bonding.

I was the spark in Mandoodari, who

 

questioned her husband Ravana poignantly

even on his deathbed. I was in Urmila,

in her patient waiting, her merciful self-control.

 

 

I was in Draupadi, who wandered with her

five husbands in the forest for twelve years

and got disrobed in the Kuru Sabha in

 

their silent protest. I got burnt with my humiliation

in her sinuous open hair. And I lived in her

platonic love for her sakha, Lord Krishna.

 

I lived in Nirbhaya, gang-raped in a

moving Delhi bus; I struggled, I survived, I perished,

enkindling the fire of truth amongst mankind.

 

I have heard, Ravana was a great scholar,

A yogic personality, who poised 'Shiva

Tandava Stotra.' Then how could he desire another's wife?

 

I was never the subdued woman as painted in

Tulsidas' Ramacharitamanas. I was eternally

pure, eternally chaste. Sufi poet Mullah Masiha

 

has likened me to the soul. Like soul

that is eternally covered by the body, Sita

is infinitely covered by clothes, never disrobed.

 

My wholesomeness is talked of in Madhav Kandali's

Sat Kanda Ramayana. Hanuman reached

Ravana's Madhusala and found him asleep

 

 

in the midst of beautiful women. To

look for me, Hanuman became a honeybee

and smelt the mouth of each woman

 

as it was impossible to drink wine for the pure

woman, Sita. I was vocal and intrepid

before the fire-orci9at and when I withdrew to Mother Earth

 

Thus, I am glorified in classical literature,

Epitomized in folklore. Why did you

try to receive me back as your queen, oh

 

Rama, after you met Lava-Kusha? Had

another washer man, at some other point of

life, questioned my integrity, you would

 

have designed a third fire-ordeal for me?

How often a woman is married, since then,

to a man who is acutely apprehensive of her

 

character. How often the Wife doesn't question

him, rather spends ages defending herself and assuring of her

single-minded love to her husband, for the sake of her children?

 

Isn't it time for the woman to stop ruminating

and pleading, and assent single parenthood, like Sita?

Someone accused me, Johar, Sati and

 

 

bride-burning emanate from my willful fire-test.

I beg to differ here. Johar, Sail, bride

burning are vehemently, malignantly done to women.

 

But I accepted the first fire-test by choice, and

I declined the second one, when I was

asked to prove chastity by fire, by sheer chance.

 

Oh women! Take Sita, the bold defender, Sita

the ecofeminist, Sita, the mother, as your role model.

I never felt the necessity to explicate my life

 

to anyone, and was in harmony with myself

in the Valmiki ashram, which is my

utmost forte as a complete woman..

 

Many Ramayanas have conveyed my

loyalty, my docile character, I am illustrated

as a one-dimensional character.

 

Stop it. It's time to terminate that image

and resurrect me, alter the Sita-myth,

talk of the progressive woman Sita, redefine Sita.

 

Some Ramayanas have rendered me as a typical Indian

woman in a patriarchal society living

under the security of father, husband, or rishis and sons.

 

 Some say that Sita cannot be a contemporary

role-model. It's time to disrupt that

customary expelling image, and critique me as an individual.

 

Women! When the society asks you to be

'like Sita, and decides your future by

virtue of public morality, forces you be chaste

 

and submissive, please redefine your lives.

Let me hark back, there is yet another

veiled, unseen Sita in the Ramayana, the one

 

who questioned the standards and rulebooks

of public morality, purity, chastity set for her.

Live life like Sita, communicate a new relevance of her.

 

My fire-ordeal was never a metaphor for subjugation.

Rather I was archetypal for expressing what

any other woman would have repressed.

 

I had my strength to protest in predisposition,

rectitude and concentration. My fierce love for Rama

was an inexorable force, a real cradle of feminine control.

 

My story is the story of the aboriginal and the shared

glitches of love — possessiveness, parsimoniousness and loyalty

on the one hand, and dedication, truth, honesty on the other.

 

 

I attained moksha with my fire-ordeal, I

achieved redemption by going back to Mother Earth.

I had organic love for the man who broke my heart.

 

With this poem, I am not amending sacred religion

or creating a profane version of faith. Mine is the

collective tale, shared fate of Sita, Salina or Margaret.

 

Then, what is new about retelling my legend told

by all regional, folklore and classical Ramayanas? With this,

I am getting out of the traditional Sita, and this is a text hybrid.

 

A medieval Ramayana, Adhyatma Ramayana, reads

that I knew at my Swayamvara that you'll

be exiled for fourteen years, and I would be no queen.

 

By wedding you, oh Rama, I invited exile

and forest-life for me, with all consciousness.

In return, what did you do? You are the

 

mightiest king. You could have defeated

Ravana in a moment and brought me back home

rather than allowing your wife live in someone's

 

house for one whole year and then question

her loyalty'! I was under another man's control!

Magnanimously you told, I couldn't be your

 

  

wife after being 'disloyal', but I could chose

anyone else to live with -- may be "Lakshmana,

Vibhishan or Sugreeva !" Didn't you cross the parapet of maryada

 

oh Maryada Purusottam Rama? You disgraced

my relations with brother Lakshmana and

my devotees, Vibhish3n and Sugreeva.

 

How could you cross this limit--you

believe in defining relationships, yet you questioned the

relationship of a solitary woman with a resilient male!

 

Thus, now I articulate my ins and outs as an autonomous

person, derive my explanations from the codes

of social ethics and sovereign obligation, which

 

I position beyond the patriarchal decree of the

husband's unconditional power over the wife.

The paradox is, to oblige you, my husband,

 

I challenged you at last; to let you know

that a woman need not be 'loyal' like a tamed animal, the

question of 'loyalty' cannot even come

 

between master-slave in case of any bonded-labour

or not even between the pet and the pet- owner.

My uncomplaining approval of injustice cannot be

 

 manipulated vis-à-vis communal and sacred ideologies

of wifehood; because it was my satyagraha.

I defeated patriarchy, and did that with invisible, imperceptible weapons.

 

We have heard a lot about both parents being inevitable to

groom the children well. Well, look at my children!

Do they lack power in character or proper education?

 

I was a single parent, I bequeathed in them good values and the

conviction to live life minus their father, and never question.

They could one day defeat Lord Rama and mighty Hanuman !!

 

And look at the Kauravas—could King Dhritarashtra and queen Gandhari provide them the ideals deemed fit for enlightened children?

Uttara did that better for Pareekshit, being a widow and alone.

 

Mothers, do not be disheartened if you are all on your own.

Providence might have designed it so for you for a cause greater.

What matters is father or no father—a worthy life for your children.

 

I am told about the Adbhuta Ramayana, where

Ravana's real destroyer was never Rama. Rather

it says, Sita accepted the manifestation of

 

Goddess Kali, the killer goddess, and she

salvaged you from Ravana. You must understand

oh Rama, that shakta Philosophy is the

 

 

most prevailing truth, and the definitive

energy originates from the feminine source

of structure, and not from male-chauvinism.

 

But you have your defends too my Lord.

Male authoritarians convincingly justify your injustice

They explain their discomposure of  accepting

 

the truth that Rama did utter injustice to Sita.

The responsibility is shifted to some cruel

design of cosmic destiny. It says the

 

Sita whom Ravana abducted was a simple image

of Sita, and Rama had hidden his real wife

to keep her untainted. How convincing a story!

 

This doesn't happen in the real world, women!

Real Nirbhaya is raped in a moving bus in Delhi

and real Madhavi is ever suspected by the man of the World.

 

In the folk Ramains of Kullu and Shimla

from the Solan and Una districts, it is believed

that Sita was Ravana and Mandodari's daughter.

 

Ravana had obtained under duress some blood of sages and

saints which Mandoodari drank by chance

and got pregnant. Then she placed her

 

 new-born daughter in a casket and got it thrown

near king Janaka's kingdom, whose daughter

she became, was named as Sita. At a later stage

 

Ravana, abducted her, his own daughter, but

couldn't touch her, she placed a thin grass

between him and her, which he couldn't cross.

 

This doesn't happen in the real world, women!

Drunken fathers rape minor daughters,

their mothers may not even protest! Don't be

 

a glorious victim, don't get flattered being called

a besieged beauty or an effervescent and

pioneering woman. It's just identity politics.

 

Hymns and songs confer a romantic image

on me; Balarama Das  in Odia Jagamohan

Ramayana writes an Ode, Kanta Koili, that Sita

 

laments her separation before a cuckoo

and sends messages to Rama through her.

Odia writers Upendra Bhanja in Vaidehishavilasa

                                         

and Gangadhar Meher in Tapaswini, both

classics, Write erudite poetry about Sita.

All these avant-garde works of fine art authorize

 

 women of noble households and honours.

Women! You grow up in the Indian households

listening oral tales and poetry of Sita. Filter those and

 

I went from a life of royal extravagance to one

of exile and privation, marginalization — a

stride demanding courage and physical endurance.

 

Providence was pitiless to me, yet it didn't

make me stranded. When my husband

gave in to the questions of ethics and boy

 

I had the courage and conviction to exercise

my freedom to choose a life of a docile

wife or death-by-choice of a stubborn Woman. I took

 

'Ichha-mrityu like Vheeshma in the Mahabharata.

By going back to Mother Earth after fulfilling

all my responsibilities and denying to live with

 

a disrespectful husband, I used my

admirable cognizance- to withstand, subsist and

finally rise above  my anguish. What else

 

is freedom? With freedom, I exude the

sparkle concomitant with mystical holiness.

With , freedom, I made an assortment to culminate the cycle

 

 of torments, exceeded the parameters of history.

I am born again and again, baptized

by different names; going back to Mother

 

Earth by choice, I became immortal, I

entered her deathless encirclement. Oh

Mother Earth! I swear, I shall take birth

 

again and again, and in every birth

I will be the free-spirited, contemporary,

enlightened woman, for I am the manifestation of freedom.

 

Oh Rama! My esteemed husband for lives!

I may be your ultimate love and dedication.

But you rescued your pride, not me, from

 

Ravana; thus, Sita may be your Muse eternal.

But think twice, you'll get the 'loyalty' of

the real Sita the day you no more demand her to be 'loyal

 

I might be forced to believe that the second exile was

due to public opinion. But can you justify the reason

why did you ask me the first fire-test in Lanka oh Rama?

 

Wasn't the purity-pollution question already there in your mind

since the day I was abducted though you 'accepted' me back?

Wasn't the comment of the washer-man later on in Ayodhya

 

 Just an imploration for you to do what you always believed

oh Rama? Wasn't it just-a way out to reject me by putting

the responsibility on public. opinion? Wasn't it a Plea? But then

 

you might not have banned me as a spouse but just as a queen

with regard to public estimations. I banned you from my life as

a husband who failed in his duties to wife and children.

 

The world still does debates about Sita's purtv and Pollution.

By contrast, Sita's silent living out life as doled out to her

minus enormous arguments speaks her conviction.

 

Your rejection of Sita is comprehensively judged by the world

as unacceptable, but my rejection of Rama is believed as

an illustration of highest dignity of a just woman.

 

This is my poem, lucid, unembellished, ironical engaging

my personal notion of the lives of women,.

It's invigoratingly redolent, delineated with the

 

uncontrolled brevity of the 'Woman' who knows

exactly what and where the striking philosophies are

since I am candid as the west wind and the twilight charcoal.

 

Women! Don't be intrigued by the questions patriarchal.

Comprehend and accomplish the kinetic dichotomies of

life; I offer you my reciprocated sisterhood universal. 

XXV

 

युग बीतें राम से बिछुड़ेपर जारी मेरा शाश्वत एकालाप

होता रहा मेरा जन्म के बाद पुनर्जन्म ,

 हृदय भावनाओं से ओत-प्रोतमगर मेरी क्षुधा खत्म ।

 

मैंने अपने परमाणुओं को वितरित किया अपने पुनर्जन्म

हर नारी के ‘सीतापन’ में अनायास सांस लेती सीता

मैं मदर टेरेसाफ्लोरेंस के रूप में फिर से पैदा हुई धरती-माता ।

 

नाइटिंगेललुसी ग्रेहेलेन ऑफ ट्रॉयक्लियोपेट्रा,

अटलांटाकोर्डेलियाडेसडेमोनापेनेलोपसिल्विया प्लाथ,

एथेनाकुंतीद्रौपदीगांधारीशकुंतला,

 

राधामीराबाईकल्पना चावलाकिरण बेदी,

इंदिरानिर्भयादामिनीलतानंदिनीरेवती या आनंदी

मैं अनेक नारी-जीवन जीती हूं सुंदर और निर्भीक ।

 

रामायण मेंमेरी जोशीली शक्ति

मेरे चरित्र और स्वाभिमान की सूक्ति

यह मेरी आभा थीन कि विरोधाभासों को स्वीकारोक्ति 

 

त्रिजला सीता के अवतार का दूसरा रूप  

सहानुभूति एवं नारीवादी स्वरूप

मंदोदरी में चिंगारी भी मेरा अपररूप ।

 

जिसने पूछा रावण से मृत्यु-शैया पर कटु-सवाल

मेरी निवास-स्थली भी थी उर्मिला,

उसका धीरज और आत्म-नियंत्रण की लीला।

 

  

मेरी आत्मा थी पांचाली ,

पांच पति समेत भटकती रही बारह वर्ष तक गली-गली

कुरु सभा में निर्वस्त्र की गईमगर मौन थे पांडव सभी।  

अपमान से जलकर मैं बनी उसके खुले बाल

मैं करती थी स्वयं

उसके सखा कृष्ण से प्लूटोनिक प्रेम ।

 

मैं निर्भया में भी थीजिसके साथ हुआ सामूहिक बलात्कार

मैं चलती दिल्ली-बस में लड़ीबची और मरी रो-रोकर

मानव जाति के बीच सत्य की अग्नि धधकाकर 

 

सुना थारावण परम विद्वान,

योग-पुरुष, 'शिव-तांडव-स्तोत्रके रचन

कैसे कर सकता है वह पर-स्त्री गमन ?

 

मैं कभी नहीं रही रामचरितमानस की पराधीन नारी  

मैं सदैव शुद्धशाश्वत और पवित्र आत्मा

सूफी कवि मुल्ला मसिहा ने दी मुझे परमात्मा की उपमा ।

 

जैसे आत्मा रहती शरीर से आच्छादित

वैसे ही ढकी रहती कपड़ों से सीता,

कभी नहीं अस्त-व्यस्त ।

 

माधव कंडाली के सत काण्ड रामायण में झलकीमैं संपूर्ण  

पहुंचे रावण की मधुशाला, उड़कर हनुमान  

देखा सुंदरियों के साथ सोया उसे अचेतन 

 

 मधुमक्खी बन हनुमान

सूंघने लगे उनके बदन

सोचासीता नहीं कर सकती मद्यपान।

 

मैं थी निर्भीक और मुखर

अग्नि-परीक्षा से पूर्वापर  

फिर समा गई धरती के उदर ।

 

शास्त्रीय साहित्य में हुई महिमामंडित,

देवी की उपमा दी गई लोकगीत

(लव-कुश से मिलने के बाद,)

हे राम! फिर से क्यों चाहते मुझे बनाना अपना जीवन-मीत ?

 

यदि कोई और धोबी इस हाल

उठाए मेरी अखंडता पर सवाल

क्या फिर आएगा ‘तीसरी चिता’ का काल ?  

 

जब से बंधती कोई महिला वैवाहिक-बंधन ,

तब से उसके चरित्र को लेकर होता पति आशंकित

पति से कुछ पूछे बगैर,बच्चों के खातिरखुद को करती आश्वस्त।

 

 यह समय है बंद करें नारी अपना स्व-रुदन

 स्वीकारें सीता की तरह एकल मातृत्व-निवेदन

 क्या मेरी अग्नि-परीक्षा से पैदा हुए जौहरसती और दुल्हन-दहन ?

 

 

क्षमा करेंमेरी यहाँ दूसरी राय   

जौहरसतीदुल्हन-दहन वीभत्स-कार्य ,

महिलाओं के साथ अत्याचार-अन्याय 

 

पहली अग्नि-परीक्षा को मैंने मन से किया स्वीकार

मगर दूसरे से किया इंकार

आग से शुद्धता साबित क्यों करूँ बार-बार ?

 

ओह महिलाओं ! सीता को समझेंनिर्भीक संरक्षक का प्रतिरूप ,

सीता को मानें पर्यावरण-नारीवादी का रूप  

 सीता सही में है  माँ का आदर्श स्वरूप 

 

आवश्यकता नहीं अनुभव हुई किसी सहारे कीमेरे जीवन  

खुद के साथ तालमेल बैठाया मैंने वाल्मीकि-आश्रम

 प्रकट हुई मेरी सम्पूर्ण औरत उस वन ।

 

अनेक रामायणों में अंकित है मेरी निष्ठा,

मेरा विनम्र चरित्र,

चित्रित मेरा एकविमीय चरित्र ।

 

रोक दो इसेअब छबि बदलने का आ गया वक्त  

दो मुझे पुनर्जीवनसीता-मिथक में करो परिवर्तन,

प्रगतिशील महिला सीता की करें बातसीता को करें पुनर्परिभाषित 

 

कुछ रामायणों ने बनाया मुझे विशिष्ट भारतीय

पितृसत्तात्मक समाज में रहने वाली असहाय

पितापति या ऋषियों और पुत्रों की सुरक्षा में रहने वाली भार्या 

 

       

आधुनिक कथनसीता नहीं रही समकालीन प्रेरणास्रोत  

सही समय, निष्कासित कीजिए सीता-छबि परंपरागत

केवल करें मेरी आलोचना व्यक्तिगत ।

 

महिलाओं! अगर समाज कहता बनने को सीता

भविष्य निर्धारित करती सार्वजनिक नैतिकता

विवश करती बनने को सती,परिभाषित करें अपनी जीवंतता।

 

रामायण के अतीत में झांकोंमिलेगी एक और वहाँ  अनदेखी सीता

सवाल उठाती,उसके लिए ही क्यों निर्धारित सार्वजनिक नैतिकता,

सीता जैसा जीवन जीएं जरूरदेकर उसके नाम को नई प्रासंगिकता ।

                                   

मेरी अग्नि-परीक्षा कभी नहीं प्रदर्शित करती पराधीनता

बल्कि मैंने तो दी ऐसी अभिव्यक्ति

जिसके लिए अन्य महिला रही सदा दमित 

 

मुझमें थी निष्कपटता,एकाग्रतापूर्वाग्रहों से विद्रोह की ताकत

राम के प्रति असीम प्रेम मेरी निष्ठुरता का महत संकेत ,

नारीवादी-नियंत्रण का एक अनूठा वास्तविक स्रोत।

 

मेरी कहानी में है आदिम प्रेम की झलकियाँ 

अधिकार-भावनापारंगतता और निष्ठा-एक तरफ 

समर्पणसच्चाईईमानदारी- दूसरी तरफ।

 

 

  अग्नि-परीक्षा देकर पाया मैंने मोक्ष-द्वार 

धरती के गर्भ में समाकर हुआ मेरा उद्धार

दिल तोड़ने वाले पति से मुझे था जैविक प्यार ।

 

इस कविता से नहीं कर रही हूँ  मैं पवित्र धर्म में संशोधन

या बना रही हूँ आस्था का अपवित्र संस्करण 

यह है सीतासलमा या मार्गरेट का साझा भाग्य, मेरा सामूहिक गान

 

फिरमेरी कथा में ऐसा क्या, जो है नवीन  

जो नहीं, क्षेत्रीयलोककथाओं और शास्त्रीय रामायण ?

पारंपरिक सीता से दूर, यह पाठ है सम्मिश्रण।   

 

मध्यकालीन रामायणअध्यात्म रामायणकी कथा

मैं जानती थी मेरे स्वयंवर की असली गाथा

चौदह साल का वनवास, रानी नहीं बनने का अभिशाप 

 

 हे रामविवाह से मैंने दिया वनवास को निमंत्रण

सब-कुछ जानते हुए भी चुना अपने लिए वन्य-जीवन,

बदले मेंतुम्हारा मेरे से क्या लेन-देन ?

 

तुम थे  सबसे शक्तिशाली नरेश  

हराकर रावण, लाए मुझे अपने देश

फिर जारी किए पत्नी के सतीत्व पर अध्यादेश!

 

मैं थी दूसरे आदमी के नियंत्रण !

कहा तुमने मुझे असती, और करने को चयन

अपना जीवन-साथी विभीषण,सुग्रीव या लखन 

 

क्या तुमने नहीं किया मर्यादा के परकोटे का अतिक्रमण

हे मर्यादा पुरुषोत्तम राम!  किया मुझे बदनाम

जोड़ मेरा नाम संग सुग्रीव, विभीषण और लक्ष्मण ।

 

हे राम! तुमने कैसे पार कर दी सीमा ?

रिश्तों में थी तुम्हारी आस्था असीम,

कैसे मन में आया संन्यासिन का पर-पुरुष से समागम?

 

अब मैं बताती हूँ मेरे स्वयंशासी मन की बात

करूंगी सामाजिक नैतिकता, संप्रभुता पर आघात

और पितृसत्ता पर वज्रपात ।

 

पत्नी पर पति का शर्तहीन अधिकार

विरोधाभासी तथ्य से कर रही तुम पर उपकार ,

दे रही चुनौती, औरत नहीं कोई पालतू जानवर।  

 

'वफादारहोने का नहीं कोई प्रश्न

'वफादारीका सवाल तो नहीं उठता मेरे जेहन

कहीं नहीं मेल खाता मालिक-मजदूर का मन ।

 

 

अन्याय की मेरी अटल स्वीकृति

कैसे हो सकती है पत्नी के पवित्र विचारधाराओं की विकृति ?

वह थी मेरी सत्याग्रह की सुंदर-कृति ।                  

 

मैंने हराई पितृसत्ता ,

अदृश्यअगोचर हथियारों का लिए जत्था

आगे जाकर बनी मेरी जीवन-सत्ता।

 

सुना, माता-पिता दोनों अपरिहार्य, बच्चों के जीवन-निर्माण  

खैरमेरे बच्चों को देखो! क्या नहीं अच्छा उनका रहन-सहन

उनका चरित्र, या उचित शिक्षा, क्या कमी हुई आन-बान ?

 

मैं ही उनकी माता-पिता थीदिए उन्हें अच्छे संस्कार

सिखाई जीवन-जीने की कला, जिजीविषा और गुण अपार

खानी पड़ी एक दिन, भगवान राम और पराक्रमी हनुमान को हार !!

 

कौरवों को देखो- क्या थे वे सुरक्षित ?

क्या धृतराष्ट्र-गांधारी बच्चों को कर पाए शिक्षित  ?

उत्तरा, निस्संग,विधवा होने पर भी परीक्षित को किया दीक्षित ।

 

माताओंनिराश न हों, अगर मजबूत है आपका मन 

शायद विधि ने रचा हो ऐसा विधान

मायने नहीं रखते पिता, बच्चों के जीवन।

 

अदभुत रामायण  में आता विवादास्पद नाम

रावण का असली संहारक नहीं राम

 सीता, बन काली, रावण का किया काम-तमाम ।

 

 

सुनो, हे रामसत्यम-शिवम-सुंदरम दर्शन है शाक्त

अवश्य, स्त्री-संरचना ही ऊर्जा का उत्पत्ति-स्रोत

पुरुष-वर्चस्व से नहीं होती ऊर्जा प्राप्त ।

 

मेरे भगवान, तुम्हारे पास है अपने बचाव की प्रक्रिया

पुरुष सत्तावादी मानते, तुम्हारा हर कार्य है अनोखा न्याय

उन्हें अस्वीकार, तुमने कभी किया मेरे साथ घोर-अन्याय ।

 

 

लौकिक नियति को ठहराई जाती जिम्मेदार

रावण की अपहृत सीता आभासी, केवल छायेदार 

असली सीता तो राम के पास, निखून, है न कहानी मजेदार !

 

महिलाओं! ऐसा संभव नहीं यथार्थ दुनिया,

दिल्ली की बस में बलात्कृत हुई असली निर्भया

 शक किया कभी असली माधवी पुरुष की दुनिया ।

 

कुल्लू और शिमला के लोक रामायण

सोलन और ऊना जिलों में प्रचलित कथन

सीता थी रावण और मंदोदरी का कन्या-रत्न 

 

रावण ने ऋषियों का इकट्ठा किया रक्त

उसे पीने से मंदोदरी का ठहर गया गर्भ

डाल पेटी में फेंका उसे, बन गई जनक-पुत्री सीता।  

 

बाद में रावण ने किया अपनी बेटी का अपहरण

स्पर्श तक नहीं कियाबीच में रखा घास का पतला आवरण

 जिसका उसने कभी नहीं किया अतिक्रमण 

 

महिलाओं! बताओ, क्या ऐसा संभव है यथार्थ संसार ?

 शराबी पिता आज भी करता नाबालिग बेटियों से बलात्कार

 माताएँ भी नहीं करती उनका धिक्कार !

 

मत बनो उनकी चापलूसी भरे शब्दों की शिकार,

जैसे प्रगतिशील, शानदार और सुंदर नार

यह है सिर्फ पहचान की राजनीति की मोहर 

 

भजन-कीर्तन करते मेरा रोमानी चित्रांकन

बलराम-दास कृत कांता कोइली में आता एक प्रसंग का वर्णन

सीता कोयल के सामने करती है अपना रुदन  ।

 

 

वैदेहीविलास में ओडिया कवि उपेंद्र भांजा, तपस्विनी में गंगाधर मेहर,

 दोनों  सीता पर रचते काव्य-कविता की गार

अग्र-पंक्ति के कवियों को पढ़ती आभिजात्य घर की नार ।

 

महिलाओं!  तुम्हें मिले भारतीय घरों के संस्कार

सुनी तुमने, बचपन से सीता की मौखिक कहानी-कविताएँ

मगर याद रखें कबीर-वाणी, सार-सार को गही रहे,थोथा देई उड़ाए।

 

 

मैं जी रही थी राजसी घराने का जीवन

आया तूफान, मिला अभाव-अनाटन,निर्वासन

करें साहस और धीरज से आकस्मिकताओं को सहन 

 

निर्दयी विधि भी कुछ नहीं कर सकी बवाल

मेरे पति ने पूछे जब नैतिकता के सवाल

साहस और दृढ़ विश्वास से मजबूत हुए मेरे हाल।

 

मेरे पास थी जीवन चुनने की मेरी स्वतंत्रता

सीधा-सादा विनीत या

किसी जिद्दी महिला की मौत।

 

महाभारत के भीष्म की इच्छा-मृत्‍यु की तरह मेरा चयन

जिम्मेदारियों पूरी होने के बाद किया मैंने धरती के भीतर गमन

आखिर अशिष्ट पति के साथ कैसे जीती अपना जीवन ?

 

अंदरूनी शक्ति की मैंने धीरे-धीरे की पहचान  

पीड़ा से उबरी, ऊपर उठी, हुई शक्तिमान

यह ही मेरा स्वतंत्रता के साथ निर्वासन ।

 

स्वतंत्रता से हुआ मेरा अध्यात्म पावन  

स्वतंत्रता से समाप्त हुई मेरी निर्यातना   

स्वतंत्रता से स्वर्णाक्षरों में लिखी गई ऐतिहासिक घटना।

 

मैं बार-बार लेती हूँ जन्म,

रखती हूँ अलग-अलग नाम

फिर जाती हूँ मन से अपने धाम।  

 

मैं हो गई अमर ,

जब कूदी कालजयी अंधेरे गर्त  

ओह धरती माता! लेती हूँ मैं शपथ ।

 

जन्म लूँगी बार-बार,

हर जन्म में रहूँगी मुक्तसमकालीन प्रबुद्ध शक्ति  

क्योंकि मैं हूँ स्वतंत्रता की अभिव्यक्ति।

 

हे राम! मेरे जीवन के सम्मानित पति!

मैं हो सकती हूँ तुम्हारा प्रेम-समर्पण

मगर रावण से मुझे नहीं बचाया, बचाया अपना अभिमान।  

 

 सीता हो सकती है तुम्हारी शाश्वत सरस्वती 

दो बार सोचेंअसली सीता होगी सतीत्व की प्रतिमूर्ति

जिस दिन तुम उससे नहीं कहोगे बनने को सती।

 

मान सकती हूँ जन-अपवाद के कारण मिला मुझे दूसरा निर्वासन

लेकिन बताओ मुझे इसका क्या कारण

हे राम, क्यों किया लंका में मेरा पहला अग्नि-परीक्षण ?

 

क्या मेरे सतीत्व पर संदेह था तुम्हारे अंतकरण ?

उस दिन से जब मेरा हुआ अपहरण,

यद्यपि कर लिया गया था मेरा परिष्करण ?

 

हे राम, महज बहाना था अयोध्या में धोबी का कथन 

करना था तुम्हें अपने अंतकरण के अंतर्द्वंद्व का निवारण

क्या यही दलील बची थी प्रजा पर नाम पर देने को मुझे निर्वासन ?

 

फिर पत्नी से नहींरानी के रूप में किया प्रतिबंधित, प्रजा का कहकर 

मैंने तुम्हें जीवन से कर दिया प्रतिबंधित

पति के तौर पर, जो अपने परिवार को दे न सका प्यार।

 

दुनिया में आज भी छिड़ती  बहस सीता के सतीत्व पर

मगर सीता का मौन बनाता जीवन दुष्कर

सीता बन जाती दोषी लोगों की नजर 

 

तुम्हारा सीता का परित्याग विश्व में अस्वीकार्य

मेरा राम का परित्याग एक महत्त्वपूर्ण कार्य

द्युतिमान जैसे न्याय-प्रिय महिला की सर्वोच्च गरिमा का सूर्य

 

यह मेरी कविता है सुबोधबेमिसालविडम्बनापूर्ण

महिलाओं के जीवन की मेरी व्यक्तिगत धारणा

काफी हद तक उनका उज्ज्वल चित्रण ।

 

जो जानती है नारी  का अनियंत्रित संक्षेपन

वास्तव में क्या और कहाँ विपर्यय दर्शन

पश्चिमी हवा और गोधूलि की तरह मेरा सम्प्रेषण

 

महिलाओं! पितृसत्तात्मक सवालों से क्यों घबराना ?

समझना केवल गतिशील विद्रूपताओं भरा जीवन  

मैं तुम्हें देती हूँ सार्वभौमिक बहनापा का वरदान ।

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment